Tuesday 28 October 2014

Gotham: (2014) Season 1 Episode 6 Review: Spirit of the Goat

I will try to be considerate and not share any of the major plot spoilers, but I have to say this is a great episode to play in with Halloween this Friday.

This episode is  Harvey Bullock based, venturing into his past as he has to face "The Spirit of the Goat", who he had met in a previous case 10 years before the current episode.

Overall it has to be one of my favourite episodes of the series. I love what they are doing with Edward Nygma and the fact that he is getting more and more visible is brilliant... I have always been a massive Riddler fan, so it's good to see an origin story and a portrayal that I think could work in real life. The relationship with Oswald and his mother is both creepy and interesting and the ending is one of the biggest W.T.F moments of the series. As for the Selina Kyle scene, it is just so fascinating to watch her interactions and movements, almost as though she was feline herself.

If I did have a complaint, it would be that they didn't have Maroni, Falcone or Mooney appear. Judging by the ending and the promo for next week, I think we are preparing for a large mob boss feast, but I do just love a good Fish scene and her plots to remove Don Falcone from power.

Overall a brilliant treat and I am looking forward to see how everything will continue it's downwards spiral and how it is all connected to Arkham and the Waynes.

No comments:

Post a Comment