Wednesday 22 October 2014

Earth 2 (2012) #0- Transcript

This has been directly copied into script format from the comic, so contains direct spoilers for those who haven't read the issue.

 A HERO'S JOURNEY

SCENE #1: FLASHBACK 6 YEARS AGO: (APOKOLIPS WAR)
 

TERRY SLOAN, DRESSED IN A HERO COSTUME (MISTER 08), IS PUSHING HIMSELF FROM THE RUBBLE, HIS FACE HAS JAGGED METAL PIERCING FROM IT. HIS KNUCKLES ARE BLEEDING.
 

MR. 08: (V.O.)
I might perhaps have a modicum of guilt about my actions... if guilt had a correlation with logic. I am, above all things, an intelligent man.
 

MR. 08:
Is that the best you can do, Batman?

 

MR. 08 REMOVES ONE OF THE SHARDS FROM HIS FOREHEAD, DRAWING MORE BLOOD.
 

MR. 08: (V.O.)
In fact, I’m Terry Sloan, the smartest man on Earth. An Earth, I intend to save... even if it means I must destroy it.
 

MR. 08:
I have to say... I’m disappointed.

 

SCENE #2: FLASHBACK 6 YEARS AGO: 17 MINUTES BEFORE

SUPERMAN, WONDER WOMAN ARE FIGHTING A SWARM OF APOKOLIPS BASED INSECTS AND CLOUD-LIKE CAT CREATURES WITH EMERALD GREEN EYES.
 

MR. 08: (V.O.)
It’s been three years almost to the day, since the armies of Apokolips burst through the portals, seemingly with one goal. Conquest. And since then, my partners in the resistance (in this instance Wonder Woman, Superman...


SCENE 3: FLASHBACK 6 YEARS AGO: 17 MINUTES BEFORE DIFFRENT CHAMBER
 

A BOLT OF ENERGY HAS FORMED IN THE CENTER OF THE CHAMBER THAT BATMAN 
AND MR. 08 ARE FLYING IN. PARADEMONS ARE SWOOPING DOWN TOWARDS THEM.
 

MR. 08: (V.O.)
... AND Batman) and myself have been, I think by now, to every country in the world carrying out counterattacks and assaults to keep invaders at bay. As usual, this mission has its unique challenges and dangers, but in the end it always boils down to the same thing... we have to save the world.

 

BATMAN:
This way, Sloan.

 

BATMAN AND MR. 08 OPEN FIRE THEIR WEAPONS ON THE PARADEMONS.
 

MR. 08: (V.O.)
In this instance Apokolips had employed a form of mind-control on the massive areas of the Earth it had defeated.

No comments:

Post a Comment