Wednesday 22 October 2014

Earth 2 (2012) #2- Transcript

This has been directly copied into script format from the comic, so contains direct spoilers for those who haven't read the issue.

AGE OF WONDERS

SCENE 1: NEW YORK CITY,MANHATTAN: NIGHT

THE STREET IS DESERTED. SUDDENLY AN ENERGY WORMHOLE OPENS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET AND MR. TERRIFIC IS THROWN OUT. THE FORCE PROPELS HIM IN THE WAY OF A TAXI, WHICH HAS TO SWERVE TO AVOID HITTING HIM.
PEOPLE STARE IN SHOCK AND FEAR. HE PUSHES HIMSELF TO A KNEE, GRIPPING HIS HEAD IN PAIN. THREE T-SPHERE’S CIRCLE HIS HIM.


MR. TERRIFIC:
Earth?

MR. TERRIFIC: (V.O.)
Am I back? Did whatever lay beyond the portal simply spit me back where I started.

SWEAT FORMS ON HIS FACE AND A PAIR OF HEAD LAMPS LIGHT HIM UP.

MR. TERRIFIC: (V.O.)
Wait. No. I am on Earth, sure I am... But it’s not my Earth.

MR. TERRIFIC LOOKS UP, STILL STANDING IN THE ROAD. A LARGE SATUE OF WONDER WOMAN HAS BEEN ERECTED UP THE STREET. LARGE BILL BOARDS ARE FLASHING UP: AN ADVERT FOR TYLER-CHEM, AN ADVERT FOR A FIGHT BETWEEN BOXERS GRANT AND MONTEZ, A REMEMBRANCE DAY POSTER FOR SUPERMAN. NEWS CHANNELS ARE PLAYING SNIPPETS OF THE DAYS HEADLINES. ALAN SCOTT’S G.B.C REMEMBRANCE VIDEO IS ALSO BEING AIRED.

NEWS #1: (V.O.)
Demonstrations today in the rubble of Denmark and Rio de Ja..


ALAN SCOTT: (V.O.)
Never forget them for they gave us back our planet and indeed our very way of life. I am Alan Scott, G.C.B’s owner and C.E.O


NEWS #2:
Memorial for Wonder Woman, who...


NEWS #3:
... Supergirl’s heroic sacrifice...


NEWS #4:
...Steppenwolf still believed to be hiding somewhere on Earth...


NEWS #5:
Nasdaq rose six points with Tylerchem’s acquisition of Waynetech...


NEWS #6:
... Five year anniversary of Batman and Robin’s death.


NEWS #7:
... Celebrating the anniversary of V.A Day...

 

A MAN IS BUYING FROM A KIOSK CALLED THE “ALL STAR SHOP”
 

TERRY SLOAN, A MAN IS A GREY SUIT WITH REDDISH BROWN HAIR, GREEN EYES AND MULTIPLE SCARS COVERING HIS FACE IS WATCHING HIM, HANDS CLASPED BEHIND HIS BACK.

TERRY SLOAN:
Mr. Holt!


MR. TERRIFIC:
Err... Holt? Sorry, man, I don’t know what you’re talking about.

TERRY SLOAN:
Very well... “Mr. Terrific.” Welcome, I’ve been expecting you.


MR. TERRIFIC LOOKS AROUND, SCRATCHING HIS HEAD.

MR. TERRIFIC:
Wait a minute, I’ve only just arrived. How could you know I’d be here... In uh, Manhattan... Lower Manhattan? That’s where we are, right? (A version of it anyway.)

A CROWD HAS GATHERED. ONE PERSON IS FILMING ON HIS PHONE. SLOAN REACHES INTO HIS SUIT POCKET TO PUT ON A PAIR OF BLACK LEATHER GLOVES.

TERRY SLOAN:
I know all sorts of things. My name is Terry Sloan, and I’m the smartest man on Earth.


MR. TERRIFIC:
The smartest, huh? Ok, what do you want with me?

SPECTATOR (FEMALE):
(What’s going on?)


SPECTATOR (MALE):
(Dunno. He’s dressed like a Wonder or... or from Apokolips)


SPECTATOR (FEMALE):
(Honey, I’m scared)


TERRY SLOAN:
Everything that you know... your own hyper-intelligence... is too much of a threat to my goals to have you running around the planet... my planet... with all the unique scientific discoveries from your own Earth that you could potentially use against me.


MR. TERRIFIC:
This is insanity. I’m not your enemy, I don’t even know you.

TERRY SLOAN:
Not yet, but when you understand my intentions, you’re certainly not the type who’ll look kindly upon them.


MR. TERRIFIC GETS INTO A FIGHTING STANCE, COMMANDING THE T-SPHERES TO HIS SIDE.

MR. TERRIFIC:
Oh, that’s how it is then? We’ll you can try “World’s smartest man.” Bring it.

TERRY SLOAN:
Yes, I assumed T-Spheres would be your opening move, so I already devised a counter-measure.


SLOAN TURNS THE GLOVES UP TOWARDS THE SKY, CREATING A FINE CLOUD OF PALE DUST. THE DUST COVERS THE T-SPHERES MAKING THEM ALL SPIKY.

TERRY SLOAN: (CONT’D)
Pixie dust. Joking. Actually it’s an airborne nanite virus that will turn your toys...


THE T-SPHERES SHOCK MR. TERRIFIC INTO UNCONSCIOUSNESS, STUNNING THE SPECTATORS.

TERRY SLOAN: (CONT’D)
... Into my toys.

No comments:

Post a Comment