Wednesday 22 October 2014

Earth 2 (2012) #3- Transcript

This has been directly copied into script format from the comic, so contains direct spoilers for those who haven't read the issue.

JADE KNIGHT

SCENE 1: HANGZHOU, ZHE JIANG PROVINCE, CHINA

THE TRAIN IS LYING BENEATH THE REMAINS OF THE BRIDGE. IN THE WRECKAGE IS ALAN SCOTT. HIS FACE IS BADLY BURNED, AS WELL AS HIS ARM. HIS CLOTHES ARE TORN AND TEARS ARE WELLING IN HIS GOOD, LEFT EYE.
 

ALAN SCOTT: (V.O.)
PAIN. So much pain. Think I’m blind in one eye. My eye... my body... my arm is... no. Doesn’t matter. Pain or no, I keep moving... I have to find... hard to think... shock... a blur... everything that... explosion... train. Just as I was proposing to... Oh god, Sam.

 

ALAN TRIES TO STAND AND HOBBLES THOUGH THE WRECK, LOOKING FOR SAM.
 

ALAN SCOTT: (V.O.)
Have to keep moving! Won’t give up...
 

ALAN SCOTT:
Sam! Where are you?! Sam. Oh Sam, please be alive.
 

ALAN SCOTT: (V.O.)
Wait, what’s... that? A light... Green Light rescuers!
 

ALAN SCOTT:
Over here! Hey! I’m...

 

A GREEN FLAME BURSTS IN FRONT OF HIM. ALAN STARES IN AWE AT THE CRACKLING FIRE.
 

THE GREEN:
Alan Scott... You are the one.

 

ALAN SCOTT:
No. A green, talking bonfire? No. It can’t...

 

THE GREEN:
I am fire, yes, and light. Energy. All the power of the Earth.

 

ALAN SCOTT:
Wait, now I now what this is. The accident... this is the crash, it’s got to be. I’m hallucinating. The pain... making me see things...

 

THE GREEN:
This is real, Alan Scott. I am real. Let me prove it...

 

THE FLAMES WHIP AT SCOTT, WRAPPING AROUND HIM AND SOOTHING THE PAIN INSIDE.
 

THE GREEN: (CONT’D)
...Let me take away the pain and begin to mend your body.

 

THE FIRE RETREATS, PALE EMERALD FLAMES RISING FROM HIS SKIN.
 

ALAN SCOTT:
This isn’t happening. Can’t... has to all be in my head.

 

THE GREEN:
Why are you so certain?

 

ALAN SCOTT:
Because... I’m talking to a green fireball.

 

THE GREEN:
But your pain has gone, hasn’t it?

 

ALAN SCOTT:
Yes. No! Pain’s not important. I have to find Sam, he’s got to be here... somewhere here... Wait I remember... I saw a green light within the explosion. My god! Was it you that caused the crash!

 

THE GREEN:
That was the work of another. No. What you saw was me reaching into the blast. My saving you.

 

ALAN SCOTT:
No. If you’re real... if you can do amazing things... then help me find Sam. Please!

 

THE GREEN:
I’m afraid your lover did not survive, Alan.

 

ALAN SCOTT:
Sam?

 

THE GREEN:
My task was only to protect you for the role you’re destined to play.

 

ALAN LOOKS DOWN, HIDING HIS TEARS FROM THE FLAMES.
 

THE GREEN: (CONT’D)
An evil will soon be upon the Earth, which if left unchallenged will destroy all life. I am the embodiment of the Earth’s energy. In truly dark times, a champion is chosen. I would pass that power to you, to fight this coming danger and all other evils abroad for that matter.

 

ALAN LOOKS AT THE FLAMES, CONFUSED.
 

ALAN SCOTT:
Wait, the Earth selects a champion? Why didn’t you recruit someone during the Apokolips war? The lives you could have...

 

THE GREEN:
The world then had a sun god among it’s defenders.

 

ALAN SCOTT:
What, Superman?

 

THE GREEN:
This evil to come will make that war seem inconsequential and you must stand in Superman’s stead, Alan Scott... as the Earth’s new defender.

No comments:

Post a Comment